Locum doctor jobs in Scotland
Wide range of positions available in Scotland now!
Are you a doctor looking to progress your career? Do you want the flexibility to work whenever and wherever you like?
Whether it's locum or permanent work you're looking for, we can find you your perfect role.
Great locum and permanent opportunities available in Scotland every day!
Whether you are drawn to the country for the fresh air, the stunning highlands, or the welcoming and friendly locals, there is an abundance of reasons why people decide moving to Scotland is ideal for them.
The transport infrastructure in Scotland is really good, airports are modern and well equipped, and trains and buses offer a wide network to most cities and towns.
Within Scotland, there's the M8 that connects Edinburgh and Glasgow, just over a 1hr journey, and the A9 that runs from Stirling all the way up through the country to the north coast passing through Perth and Inverness.
Let us help with your specialty:
General Medicine / A&E / Anaesthetist / Care of the Elderly / Cardiology / Dermatology / Endocrinology / Gastroenterology / General Surgery / GP / Haematology / Obstetrics and Gynaecology / Ophthalmology / Paediatric and Neonatal / Psychiatry / Radiology / Respiratory Medicine / Rheumatology
Skills and Attributes
- MBBS or equivalent medical degree
- Full registration with the GMC
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure
- Good practical skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Analytical ability
- Effective decision-making skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Drive to continue learning throughout career
- Leadership and management skills
- Communication skills, compassion and a good bedside manner
- Time management
Benefits of locum positions with Holt Doctors
- One registration and work anywhere: no need to sign up to multiple banks
- Work-life balance: a job that works around you
- Competitive rates
- Flexible working to suit your lifestyle
- First pick of the best jobs throughout the UK: recruitment contracts with over 26 hospitals
- CPD loyalty scheme: earn points to pay for your appraisal
- Quick turnaround from registration: we can have you working within 24 hours
- Private and NHS clients
- One point of contact: individual teams for each specialty to provide tailored support
- Revalidation support
Ready to take the next step in your career? Gain access to a great range of Locum and Permanent positions nationwide.
Are you an FY1 (Foundation Year 1), FY2 (Foundation Year 2), Core Trainee (SHO - ST1 -ST3), ST4 - ST8 (SpR - Specialist Registrar), Specialty Doctor or Consultant?
If you aren’t available for work right now but know someone who is, then pass their details on to us. Once your recommended colleague goes on to work 30 hours, you’ll receive up to £350 paid in Lifestyle vouchers.