Your DBS certificate will include convictions and cautions (including youth cautions, reprimands and warnings) recorded on the Police National Computer (PNC). As of 29 May 2013, the legislation that determines which convictions and cautions can now be taken into account by employers and other bodies has been changed. Some PNC information, therefore, will now be filtered and will not appear on the DBS certificates.
To read more about which offenses are recorded on DBS certificates – please click here.
Consequently, as part of our recruitment process, we will ask you to declare any criminal convictions and cautions in line with the DBS filtering guidance. These will be dealt with in a confidential manner.
Holt Doctors will pay for your initial DBS check – if you are not already signed up for the DBS Update service
The DBS offers five types of criminal record check:
- Standard DBS check: contains details of an individual’s convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings recorded on police central records in line with DBS filtering guidance - these are shown on a criminal records check
- Enhanced DBS check: contains the same details as a standard check, together with any information held locally by police forces that are reasonably considered might be relevant to the post applied for
- Enhanced DBS check and barred list check (child)
- Enhanced DBS check and barred list check (adult)
- Enhanced DBS check and barred list check (child and adult)
We undertake DBS checks in line with the CRB Code of Practice which is still applicable to registered persons and other recipients of disclosure information through the DBS checking service. For any inconsistencies in terminology, the latest DBS glossary provides an up to date description of terms.
Click here to download the CRB Code of Practice PDF
We also have a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders. Click here to download the PDF
Please complete our Information for DBS Enhanced Disclosure form - click here to download
Once the form is completed, please email the final version to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must also provide three original ‘proof of identity’ items (from the valid list of documents detailed within our DBS Enhanced Disclosure form ). You may send these documents by special delivery (we will return them by special delivery the same day we receive them) or you can provide the documents at your “face to face” interview with one of our representatives.