What you need to work
Holt Doctors is one of the agencies signed up to the Government Procurement Service National Framework agreement.
This Framework agreement stipulates the level of qualification and experience required at each locum band, what personal and health checks must be made on each locum applicant, what pay rate the locum can expect, and what commission the NHS Trust will pay. It is designed to safeguard the quality of service and works to reduce any risk to patients and staff.
Whilst the quality and security requirements on us and our locum doctors can seem onerous, once you achieve the compliant status, you will be able to work through Holt Doctors in the majority of hospitals across the UK.
To achieve compliant status, you will be required to:
- Attend a face-to-face interview to help us to assess, select and place you for work appropriately according to your qualifications, competencies, clinical experience, training and skills.
- Undertake an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check specifically for Holt Doctors – which we will pay for on your behalf. If you are new to the UK or have been out of the UK for the past 6 months, a current police check from your country of origin will be requested.
And we will need to see:
- An up to date CV with any gaps in employment of 3 months fully explained
- 3 up to date referees including name, address, contact numbers and email addresses to enable us to apply for references. Two of these must support your grade and specialty, from each of your most recent engagements of two weeks or more in duration.
- Your passport (we must see the original) with appropriate Visa stamp
- A passport size photograph with your name and GMC number written on the back which we will use for your ID badge
- Original certificates of Basic and Higher qualifications
- UK Occupational Health serology reports for: Varicella, Rubella, Measles and Mumps, Hepatitis B. For EPP candidates we also require Surface Antigen tests for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV.
- Proof of BCG scar or evidence of immunity to Tuberculosis
- Original GMC or GDC certificate of registration plus annual certificate
- Original certificates of professional body membership, eg Royal Colleges
- Any training certificates you have such as your Basic Life Support certificate or higher. We can arrange discounted training for any courses you require for Compliance
- Professional Indemnity Insurance certificate if you have one
Click here to begin the registration process and we will send you our comprehensive Registration Pack.